If you are connecting mobile phone via USB to a Windows PC and the device does not appear in the list of connected storage devices, the problem is probably with the MTP driver.
The solution is as follows:
1. View the Device Manager and find the problematic device.
3. Select "Browse my computer for drivers", add the path "C:\Windows\Inf", select "Include subfolders"
2. Right click and select Update Driver
4. Click "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" and select "MTP USB Device"
5. Click "Next" and Windows will install the correct driver for the MTP protocol
And it's done.
There's really no need to download or install any additional software to update drivers or optimize Windows.